Check your hearing
- Do people seem to mumble or speak in softer voices than they used to?
- Do you feel tired or irritable after a long conversation?
- Do you sometimes miss key words in a sentence, or frequently need to ask people to repeat themselves?
- When you are in a group or in a crowded restaurant, is it difficult for you to follow the conversation?
- When you are together with other people, does the background noise bother you?
- Do you often need to turn up the volume on your television or radio?
- Do you find it difficult to hear the doorbell or the telephone ring?
- Is carrying on a telephone conversation difficult?
- Do you find it difficult to pinpoint where an object is from the noise it makes (e.g., an alarm clock or telephone)?
- Has someone close to you mentioned that you might have a problem with your hearing?
How did you do?
Your answers to these questions can provide an early indication of whether your hearing is impacted. If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may be experiencing some hearing loss. We urge you to contact us and schedule a visit.